November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

My family has a tradition to go around the circle after we pray before Thanksgiving dinner and say what we are thankful for. This year I am thankful for a lot of things, as I am every year. However this year, I am even more aware of my thankfulness to have my Mom here. I have been reminded several times during my life that life can be taken at any point, with out any forewarning. This year I was reminded again of how important it is to be thankful that you have those that you love in your life. This spring was a truly scary and stressful time for my family. When Mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor, suddenly the little things didn’t matter as much. We banded together to pray and support each other. I am truly thankful to Dr. West and his team for successfully removing the tumor. I am truly thankful for the large and overwhelming support system that emerged through family and friends. I am truly thankful that my Mom is healthy and strong and able to celebrate Thanksgiving with us as if nothing happened. I am thankful for Mom’s quackiness, and her willingness to share her spiritual journey during that time with us. She is one of my best friends, and I am so thankful that she is in my life.

I wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

I’m off to mash 20 pounds of potatoes….

2 comments:

jeanna said...

Beth,
You are the most amazing daughter! Your love and support through my journey was unwavering. You walked that difficult road with me and kept me stable when I was so weak. You were truly my voice when I could not speak. It is with overwhelming gratitude that I praise my God for you and my whole family. This Thanksgiving sure found us with a new perspective of love and life.
I LOVE YOU Beth!
xoxoox MOM

Teresa said...

We are thankful that your mom is with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...