May 20, 2009

MAC-ing the switch


My dear HP laptop is officially dead. We have tried more than 4 times to revive it and bring it back to life. The graphics card is shot, and is burning up the motherboard (my hypothesis, based on research, and the burning sensation felt when touching the darn thing after it has been on for 20 minutes). The screen will not turn on, and if it does, I get a beautiful black and white abstract design. The same thing happens when you plug it in to a different monitor. So, we've done lots of comparing and pricing, and weighing our options. We decided that it was finally time to make the change and get me a MAC. We ventured to the Apple store last night to ask some more questions to solidify the choice and purchased a brand new iMac. It is a desktop computer, so I no longer have mobility, but I think that we will be purchasing a cheaper (< $400) laptop in the next few months so that I have a mobile Internet connection, and I have a way to take digital samples of albums to clients. I am very excited, and I can't wait to see how steep of a learning curve this will be. We did purchase the One-to-One plan through Apple, which allows me to visit the Apple store for one on one training for one hour a week for the next year. And, I get to pick the topic and learn at my own pace. I felt much better about the purchase with this plan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...