October 07, 2008

River Rendezvous

Wow- what an exciting weekend! I have been working with a non-profit group called cityWILD since May. I was contacted to help design all of the media materials for their annual benefit event, River Rendezvous. I designed the sponsorship packet, flyers, ticket brochures, tickets, and the slideshow that played during the event. The event was this past Saturday at the Gothic Theater. Jon and I were given VIP tickets for all of my hard work. This meant that we got to sit in the mezzanine level and rub elbows with the title sponsors, have free drinks, and free food.



Jon and I ended up sitting with Rob Eldridge and his wife Julie. Rob played a variety of guitar during the cocktail hour and dinner. He is a very talented musician, so talented in fact that his music is now the background music on my Fries the Moment Design website.

Since I was a sponsor through my design donation, my business and my name were on the slideshow. That’s right- twelve feet long and in lights in front of 400 people that have enough money to support non-profits!!! And as if that wasn’t good enough, the executive director of cityWILD, Seth Winnerman, gave a huge “thank you” to me during his introduction on stage at the event!!! I was so excited to have my business promoted like that. It was so encouraging to be there and know that my side business got us there.

Senator Ken Salazar was honored with the Role Model of the Year Award.

The event was a huge success, they sold more tickets this year than any other year in the past, and the live auction was awesome. They had 10-12 different packages which sold for anywhere between $1,200 and $5,000. Maybe someday Jon and I will have enough money to donate like that. The auction was followed by the main event- Big Head Todd and the Monsters!! I have never seen them in concert before and they were amazing. I always say that you can judge how good a musical artist is based on how they sound live compared to how they sound on the radio. Big Head Todd and the Monsters passes- they were great. My favorite part of the concert was when they added 4 horn players to the band.

On Sunday, our little Stella puppy turned 1 year old! She is half way through ‘”puppy”. She is such a good Labrador. She has mastered "sit" and "stay", now she is working on her acrobatics while catching her squeaky fish mid-air. We didn’t do anything crazy, but we did put a candle in her food for dinner. Happy Birthday Stella!


1 comment:

Teresa said...

WOW!! WOW!! Your name on the big screen! You must have had a lot of work!
Happy Birthday Stella!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...