June 29, 2010

Petey is back from Ethiopia

My Mom, Cecilia and I picked up Pete from the airport when he got back from his mission trip from Ethiopia. He had an amazing time, and learned so much about himself while he was there. I am so proud of him and what a mature, caring, giving, and loving person he has become. He went with an intent to start a farming operation on an orphanage. God had a different plan for him though. When he arrived, it was easy to see that others had already provided the orphanage with all of the tools that they needed to start a huge farm. They had a dairy farm, chickens, bee hives, and acres and acres of crops. Petey was still able to provide so much for them. With the money he had raised he was able to buy them fertilizer for half of the year, and several more bee hives. He was also able to play with the kids and provide companionship, smiles, and education to all of the kids. He taught an English class too. He talked to my Mom and I for over 4 hours after we picked him up, and it was so inspiring to listen too him. He kept a journal during the trip, and he read us his last entry. It was so moving and it brought me to tears. I wonder if he would let me have a copy (yes it was that good!)?





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...