August 12, 2009

Better Late than Never

I have one last funny pregnancy story that I wanted to get in writing before I forget it. One week before I went into labor, I accidentally locked myself out of my house before heading to work. Jon had already left, and I went into the backyard to get Stella a toy for the day, and as soon as the back door slammed behind me I realized that I had just missed my bus and I was now locked out of the house. I knew that there was a possibility of breaking in through the front window, but I didn't know how I was going to hoist my very pregnant self up and through the window. I was able to somewhat jimmy the screen out, but quickly realized that I needed help. I ran (read: waddled quickly) next door and interrupted my neighbors breakfast and asked him to help me. Randy, who is a man of very few words, but a nice guy, jumped up with out hesitation, and helped me finish breaking in, and then hoisted me through the narrow opening. Surprisingly, I actually fit through. I would have loved to have it on video because I am sure that it was hysterical watching a 9 month pregnant woman being lifted by this big man through the front of a house.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

So now you have hidden a key in the landscape? Or given one to the nice neighbor?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...