January 01, 2010

Happy New Decade!

We rang in the new year last night celebrating with family and close friends. It was great to spend the evening with Keeghan, Pat & Sarah, Petey, Brendan, and Emily & Shawn. Thankfully, Cecilia slept through the turning of the calendar. We hosted a small party with delicious food, beverages, homemade champagne sorbet and homemade chocolate ice cream, and lots of fun. I have to mention that I love my dear husband greatly, but he is one of the biggest geeks that I know. Jon was so excited to host the party, and he wanted to put his own personal festive twist on glassware charms. At about 3:30 in the afternoon he disappeared for about 30 minutes to make these:
For those of you that don't have a geek in your life, these lovely charms were made with resistors, capacitors, and LED bulbs, and soldering wire. Don't ask me what a resistor or a capacitor does, all I know is that Jon has been know to attach them to circuit boards and then make the LED's light up. It was a very 'JON' idea, and they were very festive and served the purpose intended. Love ya babe!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...