July 27, 2010

Cecilia's 1st Birthday Party!!

Last Saturday we celebrated Cecilia's 1st birthday. Notice I said celebrated. That's because she does not turn 1 until Thursday, and I am having a really hard time with that. We had a wonderful turn out for her party! We had close to 55 people in our backyard all to show our baby girl how much she is loved.

Leading up to the party, I was slowly becoming more and more emotional about the whole thing. I finally hit bottom when I was in the baking isle at King Soopers picking out the "1" candle for her cake. I almost lost it right there, but I managed to keep it together until I got to the car. I just couldn't believe that she was going to be 1 ALREADY! I feel like this year has gone way.to.fast. I know they say that it goes fast, but until you live it, you don't realize the impact of that statement.

I was so glad to have Pat and Sarah, and my parents' help with getting the house ready and food prepped. It was such a blessing! We love our back yard, and this event showed why. We comfortable fit everyone under two big tents and had plenty of room for the kids to play, people to mingle, and food to be served. Jon did a fabulous job manning the grill.Cecilia did so good. She was so cute too! She gladly went to anyone, and would walk with anyone who would hold her hands. She played and played with her little buddies, and her big cousins. My parents found this awesome ball thing that collapses up and then expands. I'm not sure who had more fun with it- the little ones or the big kids. We put Cecilia in it, and she was in a show-off mood; she stood in side it for a good 10-15 seconds before she sat down. I was so impressed!
My favorite part was her cake (of course!). I made them myself, a chocolate pound cake with strawberry butter cream and chocolate fudge icing. All of it was homemade with love. Cecilia did a great job with her little cake. I've decided that there are Eight steps to a baby's first cake: Anticipation, Hesitation, Curiosity, Indulgence, Joy, Sharing, Anger/Sadness, and Evidence. Her reaction to all of us singing "Happy Birthday" to her was priceless. She could not have played to her fans any better- seriously, the cutest thing EVER!




Then it was on to the loot, and there was a lot of it! Cecilia loved watching me open up her gifts, especially when I would throw the tissue paper down to her. She received a bunch of new clothes, a swing for the back porch, new toys and books, and a new baby pool! She also got a Toy Box from her Uncle Nick- get it, its a box that is a toy! She loves it!
She was so content during all of the festivities, but she sure was tired at the end of it all! I really am amazed by how much she has grown this past year, and how much our lives have changed. I love that baby girl so much! Happy Birthday, Cecilia Kathryn!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! What a wonderful time you guys had! I can't believe you made that gorgeous cake! Well done, mommy, on beautiful Cecilia's first year of life!

Unknown said...

OH my gosh... that video is too precious! What a little ham!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...