August 21, 2010

Knot Tied 08.07.2010

(I know, I know, I've been slacking! In my defense, I had over 1,500 pictures to go through from this event, and I got it down to 62 for the blog post. I didn't take a single one of them, so a BIG THANK YOU to Ma, and Sarah's Uncle Tim. I collaged many of these, so click on them to see them bigger- its worth it:) )

We are finally back into the normal swing of things after the main event of the summer: Patrick & Sarah's Wedding! It was truly the most beautiful, fun, emotional, and sincere wedding I have ever been to (dare I even say, including my own)! These two love birds are already back from their honeymoon, and I am still relishing in the memories of their wedding day.
We headed up to Mt. Princeton Hot Springs & Resort on Friday after the rehearsal in Fairplay. It was so gorgeous up there! The wedding was on Saturday, August 7, 2010, the weather was perfect. The ceremony took place in the church that my dad built, St. Joseph's Catholic Mission in Fairplay. It was packed full with over 225 people that came to witness the marriage. I was lucky enough to stand as a bridesmaid, and Cecilia got to be a flower girl for the first time. The ceremony was presided over by Monsignor Ken Leone. It was reminiscent for Jon and I, because he married us 5 years ago. Fr. Ken has known both our family and Sarah's family for a long long time, so it was only fitting that he married them. In fact, Fr. Ken introduced my parents and Sarah's parents over 21 years ago at a retreat, and they have been friends ever since. Sarah was the most beautiful bride, and Pat was so handsome. You could see and feel the love between them. There was not a dry eye in the place when Sarah walked down the isle with her Dad.The family pictures from this wedding will be cherished. The first one is the Glenn's and the Ambrose's. The second, is all of the Gormley's (my Mom's side). This is the first time in over 6 years that we were ALL together. And the last is my Dad's side.After the ceremony we headed back to Mt. Princeton for more pictures and the best reception of all time!

The food was good, the toasts, oh the toasts were the BEST! Perry (Sarah's Dad) had all of us laughing and in tears. His toast was so thoughtful and personal. Sarah's sister Emily, the Matron of Honor, talked about how well Pat and Sarah work as a team, and how you can just tell that they were meant to be together. It was very sweet. My youngest brother, Pete, was the Best Man. He gave the BEST Best Man speech EVER! It is on video somewhere, I will have to post it when I get my hands on it. He had everyone rolling with laughter, but he also did a good job acknowledging Pat and Sarah's marriage.


Instead of a traditional wedding cake, they opted for PIE. YUMMY! This didn't stop them from getting a little messy though ;)

Then it was on to the dancing. Pat and Sarah had been taking dance lessons, and it showed! They danced beautifully together, and their song choice was perfect for them. They danced to "The longer the waiting the sweeter the kiss".The rest of the festivities were perfect! When Pat went to get Sarah's garter, he pulled out a plastic pirate sword first! It was hysterical!! The guys also serenaded Sarah with "My Girl". We had fun pirate and party gear that we brought out periodically to keep the party going.

Jon & I were reminiscent again when Pat and Sarah left the party around 9 PM. The car that drove them away, was the same car that drove us from our wedding to our reception (thanks Rockie!). After they left, there were still over 50 people keeping the party alive well past 11. It was so much fun!The day after the wedding was my birthday. It was great to spend the day in such a beautiful place with all of my family. Pat and Sarah opened all of their wedding presents and then, we all went to the water slide.
Oh my goodness! The water slide was so much fun! All of us adults had way to much fun. I think that my Dad had the most fun. It was so fun to be kids again, especially on vacation.
Congrats Patrick & Sarah! You are beautiful together and we wish you all the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww, so sweet! I love her dress, she looked gorgeous!!! It sounds like you had a truly wonderful time - and may they enjoy a lifetime of happiness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...