July 01, 2010

Dedicated

On Friday, June 25, we were among the lucky to be present for the dedication of St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Fairplay. This is the church that my Dad has been building for the last year. The Church finished beautifully, and I am so proud to be my Daddy's little girl. Bishop Sheridan was present to anoint and bless the new church. It was so cool to be apart of it. It is kind of a big deal to be able to go to a Dedication Mass- new churches are not built that often. Throughout Mass, I loved glancing over at my parents to see the raw emotion in their faces. This church has been a labor of love for both of them. I could feel the excitement and emotion coming from my Dad. He was full of joy and pride. To have such an intricate and amazing ceremony to christen your hard work is a privilege that many builders do not get.

My Dad said a few words at the end, and at one point he came over and took Cecilia. He was talking about his family, and then he explained how he felt that through building the church he felt that his hammer represented Christ to him- holding things together. So, he hid his hammer somewhere IN the church. Then he said that he would only tell one person and it would be their secret- he told Cecilia, because he knows she will never tell. It was too cute! My Mom also surprised my Dad and got him a St. Joseph's medal. She had Fr. Steve bless it and present it to my Dad. He wore it with happiness and pride.


I look forward to celebrating mass with my parents in that church for many years to come. I am especially looking forward to Pat and Sarah's wedding in the church next month!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...