July 01, 2010

175 Miles

My brother Nick just finished 175 mile bike ride to raise awareness for MS. The number of people suffering with this terrible disease are staggering, chances are you know at least one person with MS. I can think of 4 off the top of my head. Anyway, back to Nick.... He rode 175 miles in just 2 days. His team, Numb Butts, started in Westminster and rode all the way up to Ft. Collins and back. My Uncle Dan was supposed to ride as the team captain, but he fell while training for the ride the week before and wasn't able to go as planned. He met me at the finish line to welcome the team back. It was so inspirational to watch all of these people finish the ride! Several people came across the line crying or holding hands with a team mate in celebration of their accomplishment. We cheered as the Numb Butts came across! I am so proud of Nick! (Gosh, I sure do have a lot of inspiring men in my life...) Thank you, Nick, for riding and supporting research to end this horrible disease. Your efforts are appreciated and recognized by so many.


1 comment:

Karen Maier said...

Nice job Beth. thanks for the story. You have inspired me to try something like this when we settle into a retirement. I just packed two boxes of photo albums and have more to go.I am thinking there has to be a more efficient way. Do you keep any albums or just CDs of your photos? Then I read you story on the dedication of the church too. That was indeed a thrill. I love your parents and feel blessed to have them as friends. You children are a blessing to them and to others just as they are.Love and God bless. Karen Maier (ETE teacher and St Joe parishioner)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...