February 24, 2011

Valentines Day

Valentines Day was celebrated in our traditional fashion. After Cecilia went to bed, Jon and I enjoyed a delicious dinner prepared by yours truly. I made lamb chops with a red wine sauce, topped with blue cheese. Artichoke, mashed potatoes, and an amazingly delicious salad of arugula with walnuts, blue cheese, and a champagne dressing. I also made a homemade cheesecake for dessert :)

After dinner we sat at the table for a while discussing various things. We also took the quiz in the 5 Love Languages book. I finished reading this last summer, and Jon had read most of it. It was neat to finalize what we had learned in the book and to see how each of us communicate love the best. (By the way, I would recommend this book to any couple, at any age, at any point in your relationship). It was low key evening, but so nice to be with my valentine :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...