July 10, 2012

Picture Wall

I have been printing photos that I wanted to display in my home for over a year now.  They have been sitting on my desk waiting to be seen.  I struggled with how to display them because I didn't want to put a gazillion holes in my walls, and I want to be able to change out the photos easily.  I also didn't want to constantly be straightening frames on the wall.  I finally found the solution: IKEA!  Jon and I had our first IKEA shopping experience a few weekends ago, and I had found these awesome picture rails on their website.  They had to be bought.  IKEA was a pretty awesome experience.  They have some great solutions for organization.  It is huge, and we came to the agreement that it is its own city.

Maybe a month or two ago I thought, "I'll just be all DIY and buy frames at the ARC store and paint them white." I even thought, "I'll photography my process and do a blog post on how DIY I am."  Right.  I did buy a bunch of frames.  I did buy spray paint.  I even painted about 8 frames.  They looked like crap.  Maybe if I had time to sand, and find an dust free space, and donate my children to a good cause for three days, then that would have been brilliant.  The frames are going back to ARC on Monday via tax deduction donation.




I went back to IKEA last weekend and braved the Saturday crowds with a girlfriend and bought frames.  Why would I go all the way back to IKEA for frames?  Because you can not even come close, not with a 10 foot stick, to their prices.  I think the most expensive frame I purchased was $4.99 for an 8x10.  Hobby Lobby was $6 for a 5x7.  So, the finished product looks awesome, and I am so happy this is done.  I love it!


2 comments:

jeanna said...

Your project turned out fantastic!

Unknown said...

I HEART IKEA! And your picture wall!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...