July 30, 2012

Celebrating Cecilia's 3rd Birthday

Yesterday was Cecilia's 3rd birthday.  I think I was almost as emotional about her turning three as I was when she turned one.  I mean, really, how is it possible that we have a three year old?!?!?!  I caught myself getting choked up a couple of times.  Especially when I asked her if she wanted me to go up to the front of the church with her for the birthday recognition and she said, "I got it. I big girl."  She marched right up to the alter and got her birthday card from the deacon and stood there as proud as could be while everyone sang happy birthday.  She was just soaking it up!

After church we took her out to birthday breakfast to Gunther Toody's.  Uncle Pete was with us too, and it was fun to have him there to celebrate with us.  We let her open her presents before we got our food.  She got new princess dress-up costumes and accessories.  She loved when the staff came and sang to her, she even jumped down to the floor and did the birthday twist with them.

After her nap, Jon and I took her out for a movie date.  She has never been to the theater before, and she loved it!  We saw Madagascar 3, and she was fascinated with the big screen and all of the seats in the theater.  It was so fun to watch her face and listen to her gasp and ooo and aaah throughout the movie.

Lilly stayed with Grandma Cheryl, and then we all had birthday dinner and cake together.  Cecilia was so tired.  I think the movie was just a bit too much stimulation for her, she barely touched her dinner, and we had to talk her into cake.  Never the less, she was a cutie, and we had so much fun spoiling her for the day.  It was such a treat to steal her for ourselves for a few hours.







1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

3 years have flown by! She is such a beauty! Sounds like you had a great time celebrating :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...