February 09, 2009

Curtain Call

The curtains for the front window are finally finished. I finished sewing them and Jon helped me hang them yesterday afternoon. The living room finally feels like it is finished- we've only been living here for a year and a half. A big thank you to my friend Mary who helped me with the steps and details. Overall they were simple to make, and I will make similar ones for the guest room and the nursery. I really do enjoy sewing, and I always think about my Grandma Katy when I do. She taught me how to sew starting at age 5. Hopefully she'll get to see the new curtains in person this summer.



We/ I had a very productive weekend. I finished the curtains, we saw family for lunch on Saturday, and more family for dinner on Sunday. We bought new bedding for our room. We needed a change and I am very happy with our new down comforter and blue duvet cover. Jon got the air filter changed in the furnace. I bought bookcases for my new office space. We also got those pesky house chores done too. Not too bad for a regular weekend.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

You got a lot done!! Love the down comforters!

Teresa said...

Happy V Day !!unagonet

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...