January 14, 2010

Little Ears


I am not convinced that Cecilia's ear infection is gone. Yesterday was the last day of her 2nd round of antibiotics in less than a month. She was furiously grabbing at both of her ears today, and yesterday, and the day before. She is also waking part of the time with a shriek- which, by the way, is an awful and helpless sound. We go back to the doctor on Friday to see what is going on. I am praying that this is just a result of teething, and that her teeth pop through SOON, so we can be over with this for a little while.

I have been very busy and focused on Fries the Moment Design this last week. I am giving a presentation to about 40 professional photographers next Tuesday night. I am so excited about this, and what it could mean for my business.

As a result, we have been trying to get Cecilia to take a bottle for the last several nights so that next Tuesday when I am gone for her dinner cereal, and bed time, Daddy can feed her. Lets just say that this is a process. We bought a bottle shaped more like a breast, but even then, we have had to take baby steps to get her comfortable enough to let Daddy feed her. I've rented a pump from the hospital, and it only took one session of pumping to remind me of how much I dislike it. It takes up so much more time, and makes it impossible to be with my baby while I turn into a dairy cow for several minutes. Fortunately this is temporary, and if I can stock up enough milk for not only next Tuesday but a few more feedings, maybe just maybe, Jon and I can go on a real date. I know, it is a stretch.

Cecilia has been scooting all over the place. I find myself trying set her down in the middle of the room, as far away from any wall possible. She is starting to hold herself up on her hands and knees, but she hasn't figured out how to make it all work together yet. Making her laugh is my favorite activity of the day. Her little personality is really taking shape. It is so fun to see her whole demeanor change when Daddy gets home from work. As soon as she sees him, she gets a huge smile and starts cooing for him. It doesn't take much to get her to laugh from there. All Jon has to do is make a silly face, or say a few words to her, and she is just about in stitches! This is one of my favorite parts of the day.Last weekend included several firsts for Cecilia. She got to ride in her little stroller and her Daddy spoiled her and bought her a new hat.

She also sat in a high chair at Qdoba and played with a cup and spoons while Jon and I shared a quesadilla.

1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

sounds like you guys are super busy! That is so sad about her ear infection, seeing your baby in pain is the worst thing I think! I am with you on the pumping situation, I hate doing it, but it is nice to have an option for Lyla to take a bottle (although she definitely prefers the real thing!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...