May 08, 2012

A Visit to the Memorial

It was the 13th anniversary of the shootings at Columbine this year.  Jon and I decided to take the girls down to the memorial on April 21.  We had never been as a family before.  We picked up Jon's dad on the way and then went to dinner at our favorite Littleton family restaurant: Angie's.

The Memorial is so beautiful and peaceful.  It was nice to go and reflect.  Some of the words in the outer circle really hit me hard and different this year.  Different because I am a parent now, and I can relate more to what our parents were feeling that day.  I still can't fathom it.  If I think about it too much, I think the feeling would consume me whole.  Of course, the girls really had no idea why we were there.  Cecilia was awfully curious about the water, and I think it took every ounce of self control for her to not jump in. It was still good to go.  It is a place that will always be apart of our lives, and we hope to bring our family often through out the years.  We want our children to know what happened, and why it has made us who we are today.  











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...