September 15, 2012

5k Number Two

Last Saturday I ran my second 5k.  It was the 9/11 Remembrance Run and the best part was that it took place in my own neighborhood.  It was the morning of the Harvest Festival Parade, and the runners kicked it off and ran through the parade route.  My cheerleaders were my girls and wonderful husband. Jon rode his bike with the girls in the trailer, so they were able to send me off at the start line, cheer me on twice durring the run, and meet me at the finish line.  I cut a significant amount of time off of my last race.  I did this one in 31:07, with an average pace of 10:01/mile.  Whoa!  For my next trick, I hope to head to Houston in November to visit my friend and run the Firefly race again with her there.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...