March 05, 2013

16 Weeks and a Date

Jon and I went to an annual date night held by a group at church.  Its held at the golf course with an open bar, dinner, dessert, and dancing.  We had a great time!  Last fall we were lucky to find a Small Church Community (small group that meets regularly) that has been such a blessing to us.  It is comprised of 7 couples and currently 9 kids, with 2 on the way.  This group has welcomed us in and we have enjoyed fellowship and nurturing our faith with this group and we look forward to growing with this group as all of our families grow.  We were lucky enough to be able to sit with our SCC at the date night, and we all danced the night away!  




In other news, Tater Tot is growing, and so am I!  


How Far Along: 16 Weeks

Size of Baby: Avocado.  4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Still slightly wardrobe challenged.  I've swapped 95% of my regular clothes out to the basement for a full closet of maternity gear.  I busted out the full panel stretch jeans.  The first pair of maternity jeans I ever bought when I was pregnant with Cecilia had to be retired.  They had been stretched out too much between Cecilia and Lilly.  This meant I had to go buy a new pair of jeans, which I can't decide if I like or not.  

Baby Movement: Not yet...

Sleep:  Pretty good, except for the fact that I am so congested that I wake up 2-3 times per night to clear my nose.  

What I miss: A glass of wine, or two.  

Cravings:  Savory!  I've been craving salty food, and not sweet food like I did with the girls.  I'd rather have a large fry than a Blizzard.

Aversions:  Not too much.  I guess it depends on the day, or time of day.  

Symptoms: I've been feeling soooo much better!  My energy is back, I have only thrown up once or twice in the last few weeks, and I haven't been nauseous.  I do have this awful congestion thing going on.  I blow my nose constantly, and in the morning my ears are even clogged.  I also have this terrible metallic taste in my mouth.  Nothing I eat will get rid of it.  Its pretty gross.   

Best Moment:  Friends noticing that I'm showing :)  It's nice to know that others see that you are pregnant, and not just gaining weight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...