October 31, 2011

Self imposed photo challenge


I got a new camera!  I am so excited about this!  I've had my eye on a digital SLR camera for some time now (like since Cecilia was born).  One of my photographer friends was selling the body of an entry level SLR for a steal of a deal.  It was her old back-up camera that she only used once.  I claimed it within 20 minutes of the FB post.  I ordered a lens online for it, and it came in on Friday.  Now its time to learn how to use it.  Of course, I could just set it on auto and go, but that is really no fun.  I'm so excited to learn how to use this camera to its full potential.  YAY!

Already I can see a huge difference in the quality of the photos from my old point and shoot to this camera.  The way it captures the light is so much more accurate to what I actually see.  One thing that will take some adjusting is the lens.  I bought a fixed lens at 50mm, so it has no zoom, and it is a considerably tighter crop than what I am used to.  I did some comparison testing from old to new with the girls.  Its pretty remarkable!


 



So, because I have this awesome new camera, I am imposing a 30 day photo challenge on myself.  In addition to the usual Fries family life logging that I do, I'll be posting a photo a day to go with my photo challenge.  I'm counting on all 10 of you, my faithful blog readers, to keep me accountable : )  I've looked through several challenge lists and decided to pick and choose to make my own.  Here's what I came up with:

Day 1 -  We want to see You....
Day 2 -  It's all a BLUR!
Day 3 -  smiles
Day 4 -  Your pet.
Day 5 -  Touchy Textures
Day 6 -  Let's play with...
Day 7 -  Shadowy Silhouettes
Day 8 -  A is for....
Day 9 -  Get Vertical
Day 10 -  Power of Three
Day 11 -  What's Cooking?
Day 12 -  Wood You...
Day 13 -  Reflections on...
Day 14 -  Something that means a lot to you.
Day 15 -  Orange you glad...
Day 16 -  Something from your bathroom.
Day 17 -  Mission: Purple
Day 18 -  Your handwriting
Day 19 -  2 Make a Pair
Day 20 -  Up!
Day 21 -  A Bright Idea
Day 22 -  Seeing Patterns & Shapes
Day 23 -  Get Low
Day 24 -  Seeing Red
Day 25 -  Sunrise, Sunset
Day 26 -  A device that you own but never use/touch.
Day 27 -  Fill the Frame
Day 28 -  Looking In
Day 29 -  Shoes
Day 30 -  You again…

Day 1 is tomorrow.  See you then :)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, how the heck did you do that?! I love the new pics - is it your lense or something fancy you learned to do? I need to learn to use my camera... I suck, and my camera has so much potential. So excited for you - share the wealth if you learn something cool!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...