March 29, 2012

Album Chic

At the beginning of the year I had a goal to re-brand my business. I've honestly been wanting to do this for a while, like over a year. I've felt like the name of my business, "Fries the Moment Design", was hindering me. Although cute, and catchy with the play on words, it didn't describe anything about the main goal of my business. The name was also confusing with the fries/freeze pronunciation. When I started FTMD my goal was to market to professional photographers and primarily do album design. Over the years, it has morphed into several different areas of design. I've done some album design for photographers and some for individual brides. I've done greeting card design, logo and identity concept branding, marketing campaign design,  and dabbled in some website design. While all of these things are fun, and have sustained me, these were not directions I intended to split into.

So, I made the decision to officially re-brand and focus on professional photographers. Ultimately these are the clients I want to have and the business I want to have, and since I'm the boss, that is what I am going to do.   Working with this focus will give me the most potential for repeat business and it is something that I can fit into my life as a wife and mother.  I talked with one of my clients that has been with me from before the beginning and bounced ideas off of her. Then, I went through several new name ideas before landing on "Album Chic".  Over the last several weeks, I've invested in a new website, blog, Facebook page, email service, and business cards.  I've created a new business plan and I launched the new site last Friday, the 23rd. I am so excited about this new adventure.

FTMD was kind of the starter business for me. I've learned so much, and I feel ready to take on this business as a real job, and not a glorified hobby. For now, I will keep the Fries the Moment Design website, but I don't plan to renew the it this summer.  I will keep the Facebook page and the blog, but it will be largely unchanged at this point. My main focus will be Album Chic, now.   Wish me luck!

Check out the new site here.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...