March 29, 2012

Diapering Changes

I am so pleased to finally say that Cecilia is potty trained! She has been doing so good with going to the bathroom all by herself. We still have the occasional accident, but overall, she is doing great. It took a few weeks to get the hang of it, and bribery with suckers has worked well for us. She is only wearing a pull up at night time. I'm sure it will take a little longer before she is ready to go all night in big girl panties, but that's fine with me.  This, of course, means far fewer dipper changes for me with her. In fact, it means no diaper changes :) She is so big!  I'm so proud of her, and I love her tiny tushy sans diaper.

I've also decided to make another change with Lilly and diapers. She's potty trained! Just kidding. Ha! Actually, I decided to move to cloth inserts for the gDiapers that we already use. My decision for this was financial. Frankly, I am tired of spending money on diapers. The cloth inserts are working so well! I really like them, and it hasn't even added to my laundry loads because I wash them with my midweek napkin/rag/towel load. Between Cecilia being potty trained, and switching to cloth, out diaper expense of $85/ month has been reduced to maybe $15/ month. Yay!


1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

way to go on the potty training! I am so wanting to get Lyla there, she is just not ready yet :) That would be so nice to save that much money!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...