March 11, 2012

Making Use of Space

We have this weird little shelf space in the entry way to the kitchen.  I've really never known what to do with it.  When we moved in, it became the "junk drawer" and I stored my cook books there.  Then, we had Cecilia, and when she was about 8 months old, the shelves quickly became empty space.


The problem I've been having now, is that I would really like to have that space for storing things that have now been taking up valuable counter space: my purse, the camera bag, Jon's stuff, etc.  However, we couldn't just put this stuff within children's reach, it has to be secured.  That's when it hit me: doors!  I had the idea to make this space into a mini mud room-ish storage.  Hooks and a shelf, with doors that close and are secured by strong magnets.  YES!  So, I put Jon to work.  We set out to the Orange Box for wood, molding, hinges, paint, and hardware.  It has taken about 3 weekends to get it finished, but I am loving the result.  Finally, useful space, and its pretty :)

 








1 comment:

Marguerite said...

I really like the space now. It looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...