July 16, 2013

Happy 50th Birthday, Mom!


My amazing and beautiful Mom turned 50 this year!  We celebrated a week early with a small BBQ with family and close friends from my parents house.  It was a perfect weekend filled with lots of smiles, celebrating, cake, toe painting, tractor rides, chicken feeding, and a night of "camping" for Cecilia and Jon.











34 Weeks

Mom's actual birthday was on the following Friday, the 12th.  I coordinated a balloon surprise with my Dad and my brothers.  Each of us wrote 10 things that we love about Mom and I filled 50 balloons with these sentiments for her to read.  
 

A few of these included:

  • You make the best lasagna!
  • I can always call Mom to talk, or vent, laugh or cry.
  • I love your appreciation for natural beauty, the mountains and the ocean.
  • I even love when my mother cackles in public
  • I love long car rides and praying the rosary with mom.
  • I love how mom is such a fighter and never gives up.
  • I love Dark 'n Stormy's with Mom.
  • Mom has a wonderful smile that can brighten a room.
  • I love how mom would sing "Its time to rise and shine" to wake us up when we were little.
  • Mom, I love that you have the guts to pick up a snake.
  • Mom, I love that you keep God first and taught us to do the same
  • Mom, you taught us how to cook.  Thank you for teaching me so I could eat well on a practical budget. 
  • You have taught me the value of volunteering in my community.
  • You have taught me how to be a good wife.
  • You have shown me how to take care of myself so I can take care of my family, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
  • You are an amazing Mamma!
Happy Fiftieth, Mom!  You are truly a blessing to so many, and we love you so much!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...