April 27, 2009

Trying not to freak out

My personal computer committed suicide yesterday. I've been having problems with the screen not turning on and having to turn it off and take the battery out to get it to turn on again. Last night I went to turn it on and I had to hard restart it several times and then I got the dreaded message that a system file was missing or corrupt. GREAT! OK, so now I just need to restore the windows operating system, and all should be fine- right? NOT SO FAST- I have several files on my hard drive that are encrypted and if I restore my system then the key for the encryption gets deleted and I can't view those files. So, my wonderful, smart, patient, and talented husband was trying to hack into my computer to get the key to unlock the encrypted files for me last night. No luck yet, but I know that it will get fixed, it has to! In the mean time I am trying to stay calm, because freaking out does me (and baby) no good.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Talk to Cousin Martin!! He can fix anything! Well, maybe!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...