October 21, 2009

New Job

Cecilia is 12 weeks old today. I really can't believe it, where did the time go? People keep telling us that "next week" she will be 16. It is probably true, because in many ways I feel like we just came home from the hospital yesterday. She is getting so big, we figure around 11 pounds now. She is babbling all the time, and smiling so much. She is learning how to get things into her mouth with her hands, and pulling on the toys on her play mat. She is still napping primarily in the snugly, which is great, except that she is getting so big now that she is starting to hurt my back. I think that starting next Monday, I will have to force her to sleep in her crib, and soothe herself. This means that I will probably have to listen to her scream for several minutes, so I am trying to prepare myself mentally for this. Her schedule as become much more solid in the last week or so. Now if only she would start sleeping through the night.

Today marks the first day of my official job change. I'm now under the sole management of "Cecilia Kathryn, Infant". The monetary pay is terrible, but the experience and benefits are like no other job. I should also mention that my new boss expects me to work 24/7 and wear many different hats. I hope the bonuses are good ;)


Last Friday Cecilia's Great Grandma Katy, and Great Grandpa Jim came down from the North to visit before the head South for the winter. We all enjoyed our visit, and wish them a safe journey back to their sunny home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...