May 24, 2010

Look What the Wind Brought

We were so looking forward to the warm summer weather last weekend. What we didn't know (or ignored on the weather report) was that it was going to be WINDY! It has been a long time since we have had wind like that. Never the less, it was a gorgeous day on Saturday, but yes, very windy. So windy in fact that it destroyed our favorite vase that we got for our wedding. We were shocked when the wind took it for a ride. The vase was so heavy with at least 1 inch thick glass. Jon was picking the pretty lilacs in the back yard to bring some inside when WOOOOSHH-CRASH!!! I'd be lying if I said we weren't a little sad.


On Saturday evening my Grandma Katy and Papa Jim were able to come for dinner. They just got into CO this past week to get out of the heat in AZ. My parents were also in town for dinner. We had a wonderful meal with them and Cecilia was showing off as she does. She stood up for the first time by herself in the yard just before dinner. I don't think that she realized what she did, and she hasn't done it since, but I'm sure by the end of the week it will be a solid new trick! We also got a "4 Generation Photo" of Grandma Katy, my Dad, myself and Cecilia.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...