May 09, 2010

Firsts

Last weekend was full of Firsts. Cecilia got to meet our good friends Trevor and Jenny, who got married last year, for the first time. We attended two 1st Birthday parties on Saturday and I officially celebrated my first Mother's Day.
It was so good to see Trevor and Jenny! They were in town for a graduation and made time to see us and we were thrilled! Cecilia was a little show off while they were here, cruising all around and talking up a storm.


Then it was off to our buddy Piper's 1st birthday. She was cute as a button, and the party was a wonderful celebration of a miracle of a first year for a beautiful tiny girl. She was curious about her cake and ultimately ended up liking it.

Next, we headed south to celebrate Jace's 1st birthday. He is such a cutie, and on the move. It was so nice to visit with his family and watch Cecilia play with him and the other kiddo's. Jace was not to sure about his cake. He did not like the idea of it, and refused to dig in. He doesn't know what he is missing! It was too cute to watch his apprehensiveness about cake.
Sunday was my First Mother's Day. I was fortunate to be able to spend the day with my little girl, my Mom, and my Grandma (Ma), along with many others. We went to church and then down to Ma & Pa's house for a BBQ. Jon also got to spend time with his Mom at the BBQ.


This year I have a new found deep respect for all mom's. I have learned so much about myself and about love since becoming a mother. I have always known that I wanted to be a mom, what I didn't know, is that it is what I was truly meant to be. I know now that there is nothing that I would rather be doing than being home and being a mom and wife. These jobs don't pay very much, and there are those people out there that judge or don't understand how this job could be rewarding or fulfilling, but for me, being a mom and being home with my daughter is the most fulfilled I have felt in my whole life. I am loving finding a balance between taking care of my family and working when I want on various projects for Fries the Moment Design. Happy Mother's Day to all mom's, soon to be mom's, and to all women who have a mothering spirit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the picture of C and John!!! Too adorable! Keep on rockin' momma - it's the toughest and most wonderful job in the whole world, and you wear it well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...