December 06, 2010

Decorations

The majority of our Christmas decorations were put up the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving. Jon put the lights up on the outside of the house. I just love the big color bulbs that we have. They are so old, its a wonder they still work. We think we'll replace them after this year with the LED ones. Cecilia was "helping", but then she found the dirt at the base of our tree in the front yard...

We set up the tree and Cecilia loved the lights and "helped" Daddy string them on the tree. We quickly discovered that the ornament decorating part of the tree would have to wait until nap time, with out our little helper.

I should have taken a before and after of our tree, but it went from before to after in a very short time frame. Here is the after, can you guess what it looked like before?
Yes, the ornaments were more evenly spread out, mainly filling out the entire tree, but that's what you get when you have a toddler.

I really enjoyed decorating the tree this year. It was different from years past because this year, Cecilia's ornaments went on first. Then ornaments that Jon & I have acquired together, and there are very few ornaments that were just mine, or just Jon's. Our tree is really becoming our family's tree, and I love it!

I still need to get Cecilia a stocking. Last year she had a "Baby's first Christmas" stocking, so this year she needs her own. I'm thinking that I will just make it, and find someone to embroider her name on it. It's on the list, I figure I have until Christmas Eve- right?

This week commences the shopping and baking. I have a cooking exchange with my MOPS group on Wednesday, and I plan on whipping up something decadent for all those wonderful moms!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...