December 14, 2010

On the Ball

Last week I posted about some excitement that we had going on at the Fries' house. I also told you that you would have to wait for some of the news. Wait no more. Jon is on the Ball- Ball Aerospace. About a month- 6 weeks ago he posted his resume and applied for a position at Ball. He has not been very happy in his current position for a while now. He has not been doing any work that his degree is in, and he has been disappointed with leadership and management.


So, on Wednesday, December 1, at 3:30 Jon got a call from the Chief Engineer and had an impromptu phone interview, where at the end of it the CE said "I need you to come in NOW!" So, Jon had a 6 hour, 6 person interview on Friday, December 3, and 1 1/2 hours after he got home, the CE called to verbally offer him the job! We were so ecstatic! Jon got of the call and we both rolled on the ground, seriously, I did a summer-salt! We were both laughing/crying and holding each other. Cecilia was looking at us like we were crazy (I don't blame her). It was 49 hours from "Hello" to "Your hired". As a bonus stocking stuffer, they offered him more than what we asked for. He will also be only 9 miles up the road. Currently he is driving 23 miles one-way. His drive time is that much shorter, and he will have the opportunity to ride his bike or take the bus if he wants. He will also be doing work that he wants to do. Work that he purposely got a degree in.

We have heard so many good things about Ball too. Jon had such a good feeling during his interviews too. He said that several of the guys said "It might sound cliche, but its true, Ball is like a family". I got the same impression when I first came in contact with Ball several years ago when I was working for the HR firm that handled their Pension benefits. I did some on-site work for them and at that time, I had a gut feeling and intuition that someday, Jon would end up working there. Weird how things come true like that. I am just so proud of my husband. I have been praying for Jon's happiness for a while, I believe this is the answer to my prayers.

Jon gave his notice yesterday at his current employer. He will start at Ball on January 3, 2011. Congrats, honey! I love you!

2 comments:

Bgormley said...

Thats Super, I'm happy for both of you!

PS I'm not believing you did a summer-salt Beth! especially when you are prego. Just sayin'.

AJ and Cindy said...

congratulations! That is so awesome, and it sounds like you are receiving some amazing blessings! you guys deserve it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...