December 20, 2011

Fun at Grandma's over Thanksgiving




I know we are days away from Christmas, but its never too late to document the fun we had at Grandma's house over Thanksgiving this year.  It started with picking up Petey at the airport, and then heading up the hill to join Ma, Pa, and Aunt Jenny for the festivities. 




The fun started with Reindeer games on the couch with Ma, Aunt Jenny, and Lilly.  And a mischievous toddler with some pennies.  And yes, all of the pennies did end up on the floor. 

 
This year we shared our Thanksgiving meal with 50 others from my parents community at the new Community Center.  It was open to any and all who wanted to share a meal together.  My family contributed 5 turkeys, stuffing, rolls, and I made my butternut squash soup.  Everybody else brought a side to share as well.  The strangest thing to me was there was no green salad!  On five tables full of food, there was nothing green.  I guess those mountain folk need the heavier sides to stick to their ribs for the cold winters.


 


 Grandma was pretty whooped the day after the feast.  She napped with Ginger until the girls thought she should get on the floor and play with her. 





Then there was cookie making, a tea party to be had, and cards to play.



Lilly got to take a bath in Grandma's sink.  I just LOVE how these photos turned out!
 

The girls had so much fun playing with Uncle Pete on this trip.  I think Pete had just as much fun.
 









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...