April 20, 2012

Headache

It has been 4 weeks today.  4 weeks of a headache.  A migraine that just won't leave.  It started when Jon got a cold, then I got a sinus infection.  I had antibiotics (the good stuff) and the sinus infection went away, but the headache remained.  It has gotten worse and worse and worse.  We are definitely in migraine status at this point.  I went back to the doc and she officially diagnosed the migraine, but wanted to have my head scanned because of my history with Lillian's birth (if you really want to read that again, its here (not recommended for any currently pregnant women!)).

I had a CT scan on Tuesday.  It was normal and I was so relieved.  My doc prescribed some different headache meds and they seem to alleviate my pain, but they are not aborting this headache.  I have a feeling a neurologist is the next step.  It has been 4 long weeks, and I can't function like this much longer...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, friend, that is miserable! I can't believe they can just let you go like that! I hope you feel better, and call me if there is anything I can do or if you just need a babysitter. So sorry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...