August 21, 2012

Firefly 5K Finisher

I did it!  I ran the entire way!  I finished my first 5K!

The race was on Friday night.  My neighbor Rhonda, was the catalyst for doing the race, and we put a team together of seven ladies: Myself, Rhonda, Rhonda's friend Erica, my Mom, my cousin Chelsea, my friend Emily, and my uncle's girlfriend, Tanya.  It was so much fun!  I ran the whole way with my Mom and Emily.  It was definitely a stretch for me.  I was feeling it after about 2.5 miles, but I made it. I am so glad that I had Emily and my Mom with me.  I think we all pushed each other, and I know if I didn't have them I would have walked part of it.  I finished in 33:43, that's a 10:53 mile.  Pretty darn good for my first time!  I can totally see myself becoming slightly addicted to running :)  Here are some photo highlights from the race, courtesy of my cheerleader hubby, Jon.

Pre-race.  See the ducks, they were courtesy of Mom and glowed in the dark.

Half way through and going strong!

At the finish line!  I did it!!

Post race high!  

On a side note:  The race was also the last time we were with our friends Emily and Shawn before they move to Houston.  Shawn got an awesome job offer and they move this week.  We will miss them so much, and hope they return to CO very very soon!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...