August 30, 2012

Zoo Day

Admittedly, I'm not a zoo/museum kind of person.  Although, as I get older, I do find myself enjoying these activities more and more.  When a friend of mine, Melissa, and I made plans to get together on Monday, she suggested the zoo.  We haven't been in about two years, and Lilly has (obviously) never been.  So, I jumped at the chance to go.  It was the perfect day because it was the first day of school for the rest of of the schools that hadn't already started.  No one was there.  It was perfect!  It was a hot day, but the girls didn't seem to mind.

We saw lots of animals, and even a few baby animals.  The baby leopard and mama leopard were playing a ton.  The tigers were playing in their pool.  We saw the new elephant exhibit, which is really very beautiful, and even got to see the elephant show.  Bodie, the elephant, gave us a little more than just a show too.  Lots of poop, which Cecilia pointed out over and over again.  And lets just say that Bodie really enjoyed the dip in the pool at the end of the show, if you get what I mean.  There was also a baby chimp who's mother was just trying to get away from him.  (I could totally sympathize with her.)
 




 The girls loved it.  Cecilia had so much fun with Leah.  Leah is just a tad younger than C, but they have become fast friends, and loved to hold each others hands as they walked through the zoo.  So cute!  I also have to mention that Melissa went into labor that night and had her baby boy the next day.  I do take partial credit for her going into labor :)



It really was a fun day.  Perhaps a zoo membership is in our future??

1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

The Denver Zoo really is hard to beat! Looks like you guys had a great time .I'm not much of a zoo person, either! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...