May 31, 2013

Last Day of MOPS...

I have been coordinating the MOPS group at my church for the past three years.  It has been a very fulfilling, rewarding, and fun role to have.  I'm proud to say that over the past three years, our group has tripled in size and we have a strong group moms who have found friendship and support for their vocations as mothers.  Our group has also discerned a more Catholic focus through our speakers and fellowship over the past year and a half or so.  We have decided to drop the MOPS affiliation and move towards a Catholic moms group.  We will now be called Magnificat Moms, and we are working with another parish in the area who has also gone through this same path.  I have officially passed the baton of the coordinator role to my good friend and assistant coordinator for the coming year.  However, I feel called to grow the Magnificat Moms ministry and will be working on making our resources available to other parishes this year.  I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to be part of this Mom's ministry and to grow it and to make it available to other moms in the same boat as myself.  I too have developed friendships that will last a long time through this group.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...