October 26, 2013

That Busy Weekend In October...

That weekend that my Uncle Dan married Tanya, and Nora got Baptized, ya, it was a busy one.  There are a few pictures that I wanted to be sure made it into the blog, along with some short narratives.  First, Nora met her God Parents for the first time that weekend, and her Uncle Pete too.  She also met the rest of her extended family, including all of my Uncles.  Some of them she was thrilled with, others not so much.  I really adore the pictures of Nora with my grandparents.



Uncle Pat and Aunt Sarah flew in on Friday and spent some time with the big girls while I went to get a haircut.  The day before, the girls and I read "Amelia Bedelia" which ends with a delicious lemon meringue pie.  I told the girls that Uncle Pat likes to make pie, and so they became relentlessly insistent that he make a lemon pie with them on Friday.  It was really quite adorable.


Saturday morning of the events we had just my family over for breakfast.  It was so nice to spend time with the Ambrose clan, even if it was just a few hours.  This meal also lead us to have to open our last wedding gift- yes, Jon and I's last wedding gift from over 8 years ago.  It was the silverware in reserve.  We had a crowd large enough to warrant it, and to our surprise, it even came with a really nice wooden tray for storing them in the drawer.


 
Uncle Pete also got a check up from the big girls while he was here.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...