March 09, 2010

The Mama is Sick

So, I've had this pain in my side since before Cecilia was born. At that time I just thought that it was from her kicking me in utero because it was right under my ribs on the right side. It got worse right after she was born, and then subsided to an intermittent pain, until last week when it became constant and painful enough at times to stop me in my tracks. I decided that I would keep an eye on it through the weekend and go see the doc if it was still there on Sunday. Saturday night it flared up really bad and I was really nauseous too. Off to the doc on Monday morning. The verdict- the Gallbladder must come out! I had an ultrasound this morning, and I will make an appointment with the surgeon once the results are back from the radiologist. When I asked my doctor what could have caused this, she pointed at Cecilia. HA! (I'm sure this won't be the last pain she causes!)

I've never had surgery before. I am not really worried about the surgery, I am most worried about being able to take care of my baby. I rented a pump so that I can stock up some food for her, but I am worried about not being able to be there for her. I know that she will be in good hands with her Daddy and her Grandma, and all of the other family and friends around.

Stay tuned for more details.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hope the surgery goes quick! Be sure to lay out outfits for Cecilia to wear! Dads just pull out things from the drawers (pocka dot tops with plaid slacks, striped socks and forget the combing of the hair!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...