June 04, 2010

Oh, Brother!

I have to give a major shout out to my little brothers. Yes, they are all taller than I, but they are all still my little bro's and they are all amazing and inspirational. Take note:

Peter (Petey to me): Age 18, currently studying Agricultural Education and Animal Science at NJC. He left for Ethiopia yesterday for a second mission trip with IMR. He is going to an orphanage with about 200 kids. He has raised over $3000 over the past year to purchase livestock and chickens and building materials. He is going to teach the kids how to raise these animals so they can start to provide for themselves and learn a trade. I find his mission so inspiring and incredible, because he is not only going to do something for these kids, but he is going to teach them so that they can make a better life for themselves after he is gone. I am amazed by his desire and drive to do this. I am so proud of him for following his heart and doing something so life changing for so many people.

Pat: Age 22, almost a graduate of the United States Merchant Marine Academy. Today, Pat rang the bell! He has been testing all week for his US Coast Guard 3rd Engineer License. It was comprised of 7 tests, the last of them was taken this morning, and the results were posted this afternoon. He passed (of course), and as the tradition states, he got to ring the bell to signify his completion of studying and passing at USMMA. His fiancee, Sarah, took this video, we were also able to watch him live from a web cam that was set up. Congrats Pat!!! We can't wait to see you for your graduation in a few weeks. I am so proud of you!


Nick: Age 24. Nick is riding in the Bike MS ride in a few weeks. He will be riding 175 miles to raise money and awareness for MS. If you are inspired to contribute you can click here to donate. He has been training for the ride, and I know that his passion and dedication will get him to the end. His bum will be numb, but his spirits will be high. Thank you for doing this, Nick. I know that it means so much to so many people.

(Nick, I need a new picture of you and Cecilia. Come on over sometime ;))

I am so proud of all of my brothers. They are all so inspirational to me. Thanks for being wonderful brothers, uncles, and friends to me! I am so blessed and lucky to have such wonderful siblings. I love you all!

1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

I didn't realize that you have 3 brothers! How fun :) It is so sweet to read about how much you love them, they all sounds like amazing and outstanding men!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...