March 01, 2011

18 months- again

Today is March 1st. Yesterday was February 28th. This means that there was no 29th day last month. This means that my sweet baby girl is still 18 months old, right?? I'd like to think so. But, if someone asks, (and most days someone does ask) I will say 19 months. I've discovered that no matter what the calendar says, she continues to grow. Every day she is learning, saying new words and sounds, discovering her environment and how she can control it, pushing my buttons, and showing off her personality.

Last week she perfected the words "doggy", "daddy", "baby", and "uh-oh". She said all three on the same day, clear as could be. I was so proud of her. I will be even more proud when the word "Mommy" slides out of those precious lips- hopefully before she goes to kindergarten.

She is a little mini-me, and she reminds me of that everyday. She reminds me that she sees and hears everything I do, which makes my job of MOM all the more important. Nothing like having a mini-micro-manager :) She lets me know with all of her tiny personality that she is following in my shoes.


She loves her Daddy so much too. She loves to "help" him on various projects.
And she loves to snuggle with him.

1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

Beth-she is darling, her little face is to die for! Lyla hardly ever says mommy either :( I wish we lived closer, I bet the girls would get along great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...