June 20, 2011

Upper GI Results

The Upper GI Series was not as difficult as I had anticipated. In fact it was pretty easy. Lilly drank her barium cocktail like a pro, once she figured out the bottle thing. The results came back showing that her anatomy is totally and completely normal. Thank goodness! It did show the reflux in full force too.

She started on Prevacid last Tuesday and I was really amazed at first by how fast it was working. She went from throwing up 5-6 times per day to only 1-2 times on both Tuesday and Wednesday. But, by Thursday we were back up to par. So, we are still assuming this position after she eats (notice Lilly and I with the puke cup. Jon looks like this most of the time):
I fear that next week I will be changing my diet to see if that helps. I've been preparing myself and I've started taking note of what I can and cannot consume. I think I will miss my ice cream the most. On the bright side, I'm sure to drop the extra baby weight in no time if I have to eliminate milk and soy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...