July 15, 2011

Dairy Free

We had another appointment with the GI doc back on June 28. Lilly was showing some improvement on the Prevacid, but she was still throwing up. Lots. Despite her continual vomiting, my little tank weighed in at 10 lbs, 6 oz, at 6 weeks old! The new plan was for me to go on a dairy free diet. It's been two and a half weeks now, and its not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I miss chocolate SO badly, and cheese is right up there too. It is all worth it though because Lilly is finally starting to show improvement. On Monday to Tuesday this week, she made it 26 hours without throwing up. This was the longest she went since birth! And, if we make it to 1PM today, it will be another 24 hours. Her skin is also showing so much improvement. What I thought was just a bad case of baby acne was in fact a rash that was most likely caused by the protein in the dairy that I was consuming. I am so glad to see that she is doing better. I will continue to be dairy free for as long as needed. The good news is that she will grow out of this by her first birthday. So, for Lilly's 1st Birthday, I am having chocolate cake and ice cream :)

I love this little muffin so much! She is such and easy going, good sleeping, smiley little baby.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Beth,
Way to go! I applaud your commitment to nursing and excluding dairy. It is no easy feat and you deserve a AWESOME MOM award! I am glad to hear she may grow out of it, I have a friend is who still highly allergic to milk protein, but at least now there are tons of options out there for her.

Best wishes!
Nikki

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...