July 25, 2011

Virginia

Were in Virginia, and it's hot and sticky icky here! The girls and I arrived last Wednesday and stayed with my Mom's Aunt Jackie for a few days before heading south for a family union on my Dad's side of the family.

I flew out with the my parents and the girls did great on the a plane rides. We decided to invest in an iPad just before I left. It was promptly loaded up with Sesame Street and Word World to make the flights bearable for Cecilia, therefore making the flights bearable for all of us.













Grammy Auntie Jackie lives in the DC area where they were having a heat wave. 106* and 77% humidity should not be allowed. It was so hot, which made visiting inside one of the only options. We did manage to get out to Arlington one day to visit Uncle Mike's grave. I had never been to Arlington before and it was so moving to be there. Uncle mike has been gone for 12 years now, and he is still so loved and missed.








We got to meet several new family members, including Cousin Michael. He is only a year older than C, and they had so much fun playing together and practicing the word "mine!".



Cecilia also played in the pool and Grandma helped her cool off.








Lilly has been a great little traveler. She has been so easy going, and since her throwing up is under control, it has been a relatively easy trip.









We made it through the traffic on Saturday to the reunion site. Jon will join us tomorrow. I can't wait to see him!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...