July 19, 2011

Lilly at 2 months old

I took Lilly to see our primary care doctor on Friday for her two month check up. Jill (our PA) was so excited to see Lilly! I was so excited to be able to tell Jill that it had been over 24 hours since Lilly had lost her lunch :). Lilly has checked out perfect and big. She weighed in at 11 pounds 3 oz., that's the 90th percentile! She is 22.5 inches long, the 75th percentile, and her head is 39cm, the 90th percentile.

She got a round of shots. I had to endure this pain by myself because Jon stayed home with Cecilia. For the record, unlike many things, shots are NOT easier with kid #2. They are still just as hard on Mama. That scream of pain coming from your tiny precious child is heartbreaking.





Over the weekend, Lilly set a new record. She went 67 hours, almost 3 whole days, with out throwing up. I was so excited! This dairy free diet of mine is really showing progress. Since then she has gone another 24 hours, and then two 12 hour stretches. At this rate, she might not have to ride around like this anymore:
It's amazing how easy it is to change your diet, when you are doing it for someone else. I find myself way less tempted to cheat because I know how it will affect Lilly. If I were doing this for my own benefit...
well, I wouldn't be doing this "diet" for my own benefit, but lets pretend. I would be cheating all over the place. Starting with chocolate. In large quantities. And ice cream. Straight from the tub. Just kidding (maybe).









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...