April 21, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter fell on April 20th this year.  It was also the 15th anniversary of the shootings at Columbine.  So this year was bittersweet.  Honestly, I focused so much more on my family, and the JOY that Easter brings, that I made note of the anniversary, but didn't dwell on it.

Easter started with a wonderful surprise on Holy Thursday: my brother Pete showed up at the front door just as Jon and I were heading out to mass!  I was so surprised!  Jon and I made it to all three services of the Triduum again this year.  It was beautiful, and it continues to be my favorite part of the liturgical year.

Easter Sunday was spent at Ma & Pa's.  I bought the girls' dresses on Zulilly months ago, and they were perfect.  I was lucky to find them matching in all three sizes!  










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...