April 30, 2014

Spud is FB Official

I announced that we are expecting Spud on FaceBook today.  Now the world knows.  I was so nervous about announcing this.  Probably because it is so unexpected, and I am/was nervous about what everyone else would say and think.  Why should I care though?  I shouldn't care, but I'm human.  The reaction was wonderful.  I received so many happy congratulatory comments.  It made me feel so loved.


Spud is growing well, and so am I.  Oy!  My body is expanding at a record rate.  Not sure how much longer I can get away with thinking that its "leftovers" from Nora.
8 weeks

10.5 weeks

We had the 12 week ultrasound done and everything looks good, for the most part.  The purpose of this ultrasound is to check for down syndrome, and spina bifida. They measure a space in the baby's neck and take blood from me.  Well, the neck space measurement came back at 2.6.  This is apparently a gray area.  Doctors say that under 2.5 is normal, and over 3.0 is concerning.  So we went ahead and did a more detailed blood panel to have more conclusive results.  I am not worried about it at all, just want to be sure.  The blood results take about 4 weeks to come in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...