October 20, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods (Part 1)

Last weekend Jon went hunting with friends up in South Dakota. That will be part 2 of this post. While Daddy was gone, Cecilia and I went over the river and through the woods to GRANDMA & POPS' house! We were gone all weekend, Friday through Monday, and it was great! It has been a long time since Jon and I have been away from each other for that long, so it was good to not be in my own bed with out him. A change of scene was a good thing. Cecilia and I had a wonderful time visiting.

On Saturday morning, Cecilia helped Pops make pancakes for breakfast. She loved the tasting part 0f the making. Pops even made her a special pancake shaped like a certain mouse...

We helped grandma collect pine cones to make fire starters for the winter.


She also helped grandma pack up the flowers for the winter.

Of course, Cecilia's favorite activities included pulling a duck around the house, playing the keyboard, playing in the dirt and the dog water.
Mom and I got to go on a nice long walk. It was gorgeous up there- you would have thought it was late August for how nice the weather was. Mom and I also got some much needed quality time after Cecilia went to bed on both Friday and Saturday nights.

Sunday brought us into town to visit a brand new baby of one of my Mom's friends. We went to church, and then to a small gathering for church friends that were moving. I was worried about how Cecilia would do because all of these events took place at the exact time of lunch and nap. She did great, and was definitely the social butterfly of the going away party.

On Monday morning, Cecilia and I headed in to town to visit Grandma at work. We got to see all her students and have lunch with her before we headed home.

We had a great time, and it was much needed. Thank you Grandma & Pops for a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

jeanna said...

I so enjoyed our visit! You light up my days.
Love, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...