November 08, 2010

Christmas In July

I was looking through my cell phone pictures the other day and realized that I had meant to blog this back when it happened, in July. Oh well, better late than never. We were out to dinner with my parents and Petey at Outback Steakhouse one evening, and lo and behold the sight of Santa and Mrs. Claus. They were sitting at a table just across from us. I so desperately wished I had brought the real camera, but my dinky cell phone camera had to do.

Do you remember my rant from last Christmas? ... I had to take advantage. They were so cute, all dressed up. Santa had jeans, a red button down, and red suspenders. Mrs. Claus had jeans, a white collard shirt and a red sweater with a perfectly tied red bow in her long silver hair. Keep in mind this was July 17, and HOT outside, they were both in long sleeves. You could tell they were the real deal. They said they were in town visiting from San Diego, but I think that was code for North Pole. If I remember correctly, Cecilia was very friendly with them. She sat calmly with Santa and just studied him. It was so cute. I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to have Cecilia meet Santa in the first year of her life, even if it was July.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...