November 18, 2010

Time Flies

If someone had told me 10 years ago today that I was going on a date with my future husband and the father of my children, I might have laughed at them. That person would have been right. It is amazing to think that it has been that long. It makes me feel old. But as my friend told me today, we are not old, we just fell in love young. So that makes us young plus 10 years.

Jon and I went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill and then to the Sadie Hawkins Dance (yes, I had to ask him) 10 years ago. So tonight, we have a baby sitter lined up and we happen to have a gift card to Macaroni Grill. We will take a short trip down memory lane and have a date. Too bad the Macaroni Grill has changed their menu so many times. Our favorite thing was an Italian Nacho appetizer that you haven't been able to get in years. Jon pointed out to me last night that he just might fit into the same sweater he wore that night, and I think we still have it. I still have the outfit that I wore, but I'm not even going to go there. So many things have changed since then, but we have only gotten stronger.

We are so blessed to have each other, and to have fallen in love young. I wouldn't change a thing about where our lives have gone, and the relationship that we have. I love you, Jon!

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I think your love story is so cute! You two are so perfect for one another, I am glad your story had a happy ever after! :)

Unknown said...

You guys are adorable! Young plus 10, I like that... It's so strange just to see that dance and think - I was there! I'm so glad Jon said YES all those years ago!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...