August 10, 2013

39 Weeks (But Who's Counting?!)


How Far Along: 39 Weeks

Size of Baby: Baby size!  Perhaps in the 7lb and 20 inch range.  Think: small watermelon (oh, my!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 22 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new.  I ordered and received all of my nursing bras.  Why can't they make the comfortable ones pretty???  Really, is it too much to ask??  I mean, I'm going to wear the same 4 bras for the next year of my life, and they only come in black and nude.  (Sorry if this is too much info...)

Baby Movement: Baby's movements have drastically changed.  Once baby stuck to a head down position, the movements have been much calmer, and less bouncy.  More pushing and stretching with some spinning like a top movements.

Sleep:  The same love/hate relationship exists.  At least when I am up in the middle of the night when I'm tending to a baby, there will be a purpose to it.

What I miss: Regular jeans.  Feet that don't resemble water balloons.  Wearing my wedding ring.

Cravings:  Not a lot.  I haven't been all that hungry recently.

Aversions:  Not too much.  I guess it depends on the day, or time of day.  

Symptoms:  Swollen feet and hands.  Heartburn.  Also, baby has dropped in the last week, and I definitely feel it.  Contractions have started, but nothing regular enough to get excited about.  I'm just practicing for the real deal.

Best Moment:  Not really a moment, but all the anticipation of the baby's arrival is really exciting right now.  The girls are getting so excited and they talk about it all the time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...