August 21, 2013

First Day of School 2013

This year is special because both of my girls are in preschool.  Cecilia is in Jr. Kindergarten three mornings a week and Lilly Jeanne is in the Toddler room two mornings a week.  They both started school on the 20th.

Cecilia did great, as expected.  She did have a marker eating incident, but her teacher was all over it.  She is in the same classroom, but a different teacher and a much more structured and academic curriculum this year.  

I was a little nervous about how my Lilly Jeanne would do.  She has been talking about going to school since last spring, but she is definitely my Mama's girl.  She surprised the heck out of me and did so well.  She went right into her classroom, gave her new teacher a hug, sat down at her place and made friends with the little girl across the table.  No tears at all.  The week before school started I asked her what she was excited about doing at school and she told me "learn my letters".  So, on the first day of school when I asked her how it was, she was very concerned and told me "I no learn my letters".  Oh, Lilly Jeanne, my little academic.  

Of course, my girls were being extra silly the morning of the first day of school.  These are the best photos they would give me.  Silly Sisters!!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...