January 16, 2012

FREE from Dairy-Free

It has been six months and three weeks since any dairy product has graced my mouth (aside from a few bites a few months ago, but that doesn't really count).  We were back in the doctors office today because Cecilia has been throwing up since Friday morning.  She will be fine, and is at the tail end of a viral influenza.  We got the results back today from the allergy test on Lilly.  It came back negative for ALL allergies!  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?  I can't!  I'm still in shock.  I was so happy I hugged my doctor.  I am so happy to have a healthy baby girl!  She is even cuter now!  Just kidding. Maybe.  So for the constipation issues, we will just be adding prune juice to her diet via oatmeal and sippy-cup (eventually), and that should help to get things moving until her system is mature enough to handle the new foods.

Jon was working a tad late and in a secure area, so I wasn't able to get a hold of him to tell him right away.  The first thing I did when we got home was post to FB, because I was THAT EXCITED!!!  The second thing I did was order PIZZA.  Oh, pizza, how I have missed you!  The third thing I did was get the butter that has been mocking me out of the fridge and make my famous chocolate chip cookies!  Yep, I made cookies at 6:10pm on a Monday night.
 
I'm so glad I didn't do the grocery shopping today and decided to wait till tomorrow, because my entire menu has to be changed.  That's right people, bring on the lasagna, macaroni and cheese, casseroles, mashed potatoes, and baked goods.  Oh my goodness!  No more liquid cardboard (soy milk)!  Bring on the Italian food!  Bring on the lattes!  Bring on the cheese!  Bring on the butter!  Bring on the CHOCOLATE!!!  Do you know what this means?  This means that I can try any of the delicious recipes from Pioneer Woman and Pinterest!  If you notice my weight gain over the next few months, you will know what to blame :) 

Ok, I'm a dork, I know.  Yes, my baby is trying to jump out of her seat, she is safe now and we have started buckling her in immediately.  The bags under my eyes are from Cecilia's weekend of throwing up :)

(SORRY FOR THE CAPS AND OVER USE OF THE !!!  I'M JUST TRYING TO CONVEY MY EXCITEMENT!!!!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...